One particular login item does not work in browser.

Options

I'm a long time 1P user. But this one stumps me. I am using Firefox. I am creating a new login for Kelly Services Electronic Earnings System. The URL is: https://ebpp.documentdna.com/kellyus/login.aspx
In the Password App when I click on the item 1P browses to the login page but doesn't fill the login name. I can then click the item in the browser or mini and it will fill in the username and password. But from my browser home page, when I click on the item in the Browser app or 1P Mini nothing happens, it doesn't browse to the login page. Once I'm on the login page, I can click the item in the browser or mini and it will fill in the user name and password (User name displayed on first page, then password on second page.)
Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: subsription/Cloud

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey there @DoctorBrown! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I just tried it out myself, granted I'm on macOS, and the username field filled after clicking Open and Fill in the 1Password desktop app. Is that what you're doing as well?

If so, I wonder if creating a brand new item would make a difference. Just to test it out, could you try creating a new Login manually using the steps laid out in this support article? Let me know if the behavior changes at all after you try filling the new item.

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @kaitlyn Well of course this happens... The original item is now working for the User ID page. Go figure. I created a new item per your instructions. To capture the password I had to click Save new Login again and select Update to get the password in the one item. I know we can add more that one URL into the item, but I checked and the URL for the PW page is the same as the login page.
    The item now navigates to the page, fills in the User ID on the first page and triggers the Login button to progress to the Password page. I have to hit the 1P item again to enter the password and trigger the Login button. So it seems it's almost working today.
    Is there a way to get the Password page to fill automatically? Or is it expected that I have to hit the item twice to handle a login like this?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @DoctorBrown ,
    Logins that are scattered across multiple pages will require you to autofill once on each page at the moment. Autofilling using CTRL+\ (Control + Backslash) on your keyboard might make this process less annoying and much faster.

If you have an active membership account with us feel free to check 1Password X, it can already handle most multiple pages logins automatically: https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

• DoctorBrown
    DoctorBrown
    Community Member
    Options

Hi @yaron ,
    Thank you for letting me know. Yes, I have 1Password X installed and will try this login with it. I'm getting more familiar with the shortcuts and they do make the process better.

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@DoctorBrown That's great to hear.
    Note that 1Password X has a different shortcut, so CTRL+\ won't do goo there. However 1Password X will show up on its own in relevant fields so it is very seldom that you'll require the keyboard shortcut :)

This discussion has been closed.