I began account recovery on one of my family account members, on Android it shows an Error

BrianExcarnate
BrianExcarnate
Community Member

Error
Unable to communicate with the server. Please check your network connection and make sure the sign-in address is correct.

I can communicate with my.1password.com in a browser, there is nothing blocking the app from working. I tried both the beta and release app.

Another support discussion said I may need to put something else in other than my.1password.com for the domain, but there is no where I can find the domain to even try that. However that was 2 years ago.

1Password Version: Android 7.3.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 9
Sync Type: 1password.com
Referrer: forum-search:android communication error

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @BrianExcarnate! Welcome to the forum!

Do you by chance have other browser extensions, or security software on your machine, that could interfere with your login process?

• BrianExcarnate
    BrianExcarnate
    Community Member

I'm using the app, therefore browser extensions don't apply.

I have a firewall but I checked that first, it is set to blacklist and the 1Password app is not blacklisted.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@BrianExcarnate:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Android device and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is happening to you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• BrianExcarnate
    BrianExcarnate
    Community Member

The instructions assume that I'm logged in and can get to settings. I can't get logged in.

• Hey @BrianExcarnate. You mentioned that you can sign in from a browser. Is this on the same Android device, or is the browser on another device? Also, how are you entering your account credentials? Are you scanning your QR code or manually entering them?

• BrianExcarnate
    BrianExcarnate
    Community Member

I've sgned in from a browser on the Android device. I sign into the master account on my Mac both using the app and the browser.

I used the QR code because it is easy, fast, and less typo prone, but also manually entered it.

• Thanks, @BrianExcarnate. Can you try switching from Wi-Fi on Android to cellular data? Also, try disabling any VPN or antivirus software on the device. Can you sign in that way?

• BrianExcarnate
    BrianExcarnate
    Community Member

Still doesn't work. For testing I didn't put in my full (long) password so if the dialog that says "Unable to communicate with the server." is not true, that is a possibility. I don't plan to change my password to "test" to test this, unless you say it is needed.

• @BrianExcarnate No need to change your password. :)

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you didn't put in your full password? The error can indeed occur with an incorrectly entered Master Password, so if you're not entering your Master Password, that could be causing the problem.

This discussion has been closed.