Where is suggested password stored?

Options

I was registering for a new website today in Firefox on Ubuntu, with 1PasswordX installed, and got a popup from 1Password to use the suggested password. I chose the option to do so, and it filled both the password fields. I finished the registration form and 1PasswordX did not offer to save the password! Now I have a halfway created account that I cannot finish registration for because I don't know the password, the password reset feature doesn't work because my registration is not complete, but I cannot just recreate my account because now it thinks my username is in use. Did 1PasswordX really just give me a 20-30 character random password and not save it anywhere?!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Have you checked the Passwords category inside 1Password X already? All the passwords generated by the password generator end up in there.

• fritzophrenic
    fritzophrenic
    Community Member
    Options

I thought I remembered that being the case, however there is no "Passwords" category of any kind in any of my vaults. I've now checked in 1PasswordX on the computer I used to generate the password, I've checked on 1password.com, and I've checked in my mobile app. The only categories I have available are Logins, Secure Notes, Credit Cards, Identities, Wireless Routers, Bank Accounts, Memberships, and Trash. Same categories in each location. So maybe that's just a standalone 1password feature, rather than 1PasswordX.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @fritzophrenic! I'm really sorry about the confusion here. 1Password X will operate a bit differently than the 1Password desktop apps when it comes to generated passwords, in particular. When you generate a password in 1Password X, the password gets saved in your Generator History automatically. Here's how to check out your Generator History:

1. Click the 1Password icon in your browser toolbar.
    2. Click the + button, then click Password Generator (Or use the Command-G or Ctrl + G keyboard shortcut).
    3. Click Generator History towards the bottom.

At that point, you'll see any password you've generated in 1Password X along with dates, times, and the website you were visiting while the password was generated.

I hope that helps, but I'll be here if you have any other questions!

This discussion has been closed.