Windows vs. Mac Features

Is there a chart comparing which features have been implemented in the Windows version of LastPass vs. the Mac one (and iPhone, iPad, etc.)? It's a little disconcerting to read about a feature being implemented in OS X and then realize that it's not available on the Windows one.

On a related note, is there a universal unlock for the 1Password for Windows? If not, can we get that?

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    edited October 2011
    Welcome to the forum, Andrew!

I can't speak for LastPass :D but there is no such chart or table for 1Password.

Off the top of my head:
    • Wi-Fi sync is Mac-only.
    • Auto-type is Windows-only.
    • 1Password for Windows has rather limited import and export capabilities.
    • 1Password for Windows preserves but does not present tags.
    • They have slight differences in locking options, mostly because of OS differences.
    • They include extensions for different browsers, reflecting usage on each OS.

I'm probably forgetting some; but 1Password for Mac and for Windows are more alike than different, if you don't count cosmetic differences.
  • svondutch
    svondutch
    1Password Alumni
    Andrew F wrote:

On a related note, is there a universal unlock for the 1Password for Windows?

File > Preferences (Ctrl+P) > Browsers > "keep extensions unlocked"
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Thanks, Stefan! I forgot that part of the question.

Andrew, please note that enabling the Keep extensions unlocked... option means you'll need to unlock the 1Password browser extensions only once, until they're locked again by your auto-lock preference settings.
  • I sync via WiFi my Mac, iPhone and iPad, it just works. However the Windows version is left out of the sync. I hope this can be enabled in the future.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    1Password Alumni
    Welcome to the forum, Al!

While we never say "never," I know of no plans to add Wi-Fi sync'ing to 1Password for Windows.
This discussion has been closed.