1Password Chrome browser extension no longer working with 1Password 7

Options

When I click on the 1Password extension icon, I get a menu drop-down of options like when normally doing a right-click on it. I do not get the autofill menu. The extension worked until recently.

I have tried to re-install 1Password as well as the Chrome browser extension. And rebooting the computer numerous times. Nothing works.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 v. 1909.
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pev!

This often happens when Chrome is in the middle of an update. Can you please fully quit Chrome and relaunch it, and see if the extension starts working again?

• pev
    pev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi:) I just tried this, and it didn't change anything. Note that I also rebooted numerous times, so Chrome has restarted multiple times. All other extensions I have, distinguish between left- and right-click, but for 1Password left-click suddenly works as right-click. Also, there was earlier the error message that it could not locate the 1Password helper. That prompted me to reinstall 1Password as well as the Chrome extension, to no avail.

• pimian
    pimian
    Community Member
    Options

This happened to me today, the Chrome extension has been working perfectly up until today. Now all I see is typical right-click options for 1Password, like the 1password helper is failing. All my extensions work perfectly. I've rebooted multiple times and removed and re-added the extension and nothing..... I am also using windows 10 with version 7.3.712 and Extension version 4.75.90.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pev and @pimian,

Have you uninstalled 1Password 4 recently? Please try to do this:

1) Close all browsers and quit 1Password 7 for Windows completely.

2) Open Run dialog (Win key + R), enter the following string there: 1Password.exe --setup

3) Then press Enter. 1Password 7 for Windows should be launched after that.

4) Launch Chrome and check if the issue remains after that.

Thank you! :+1:

++
    Greg

• pev
    pev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg,

I have tried this multiple times, but the problem persists. But yes, I did uninstall 1Password4 recently (at least it was an earlier version of 1Password, not quite sure of the version).

I have also tried rebooting and uninstalling the Chrome extension + installing it again, to no avail.

I have checked that I only have one instance of 1Password left.

Maybe I should remove all traces of both 1Password4 and 1Password7 from my computer. How do I do that?

I can also generate a debug trace and send it to you?

Best regards,

Peter

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pev,

In this case, please create a Diagnostics Report from 1Password 7 on your PC and we will take a closer look at what is going on. :) Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Windows)

Attach this report to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com and include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• pev
    pev
    Community Member
    Options

OK, thanks. I have just sent the diagnostics report by email.

Best regards,

Peter

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pev: Found it! :+1:

We will take a look and get back to you via email soon.

(I will also try to post an update to this discussion, when we understand what is happening)

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: RPN-66138-178

• pev
    pev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg. Any update on the issue? I still cannot get the Chrome browser plugin to work here.

Best regards, Peter

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@pev: Greg replied to you via email last week. He never heard back from you. Can you try what he suggested?

please try rebooting into Safe Mode with Networking and see how 1Password behaves in there. Here's how: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12376/windows-10-start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Does that work?

• pev
    pev
    Community Member
    Options

Hi again. Sorry, I forgot at bout the Safe Mode email. I just tried to boot in Safe Mode, but it is not possible, as my drive is encrypted due to my organization's policy and then I will have to provide some decryption keys that I don't have during reboot.

But - just checked the extension and for some reason it works now. So no need to dig further into this.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @pev,

Thank you for getting back to us with good news! We are glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself. :)

Please let us if there is anything else we can help you with, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.