Frustrating user experience with search query and popup view

Options
nickjbedford
nickjbedford
Community Member

Whenever I search in the 1Password spotlight-style popup view and I need to promote my search to the full 1Password app, the search query I've entered is not entered into the main window as well, nor my currently selected item. I have to retype my search query every time I do this. As a software developer myself, this poor user experience seems so obvious that I'm surprised it has never been implemented.

Can I please suggest that when clicking Open 1Password from the spotlight popup view, that the search query and currently selected item are maintained in the full app window to make the switch seamless?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: macOS 10.14.6
Sync Type: Both

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@nickjbedford - thanks for the suggestion! It's something we can keep in mind for future releases. In the meantime, search works a bit differently in the mini than it does in the main 1Password application: the purpose of the mini is intended to be saving and filling items into website login (and a few other, such as credit card and identity) forms. The main application has much more flexibility with search terms. So, if you know you've got need for a more-intricate set of search parameters, you may wish to start in the main app to avoid this frustration.

This discussion has been closed.