Autofill does not work

Options
yoyopet
yoyopet
Community Member

I updated yesterday my iPhone X to iOS12
Followed your instructions and set automatic open and fill to iCloud and 1 password, but when opening, for exenple with 1Pw App my bank site, before updation it automatically opended anf filled ID and Pw. Now it shows my ID ( I clicked before “remember me” but not my PW.
Clicking the “key” icon at the bottom right just opens the info window but nothing more. I have to put my PW manually.

Is there something I am not doing properly ?

1Password Version: latest
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS12
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:autofill ios12

Comments

• Hi @yoyopet

The same options for filling that were available in iOS 11 are still available now. If you prefer to launch 1Password, find the login you want to use, and then tap on the website field that will still take you to the website in 1Browser and fill your credentials. But Password AutoFill is a new feature, and works a bit differently. To use it navigate to the website you want to log in to in Safari, and then on the login page tap into the username field. Then use the Password AutoFill option at the top of the keyboard to fill. Please note that Password AutoFill uses Apple’s filling algorythms, not 1Password’s, so there may be things Password AutoFill can fill that 1Password cannot and vice versa.

I hope that helps!

Ben

• yoyopet
    yoyopet
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Ben for your prompt answer. I understand but I want to work as before. Open in 1Browser and auto fill my credentials. This is not working any more !! (??)
    Regards
    Jorge

• Hi Jorge,

Hmm. It is still working just as I described above for me. Does this not work on any websites for you?

Ben

• EllenJK
    EllenJK
    Community Member
    Options

Hello. I am having a similar problem. When I "Right click" on a Macbook Air, I do not get the option to select 1PW. Just paste. Also when I open 1PW and click on "open and fill" for diff sites, it doesn't work. Was fine a day or so ago. :(

• Ben
    Options

Hi @EllenJK

This thread is about 1Password for iOS, but you mentioned a MacBook Air. Could you please clarify which platform you're having trouble with: iOS or Mac?

Thanks.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.