Caught out by Safari 13, reluctantly going 1P7, but confused about price for licence on iOS

I'm now caught out by Safari v13, which threw out the 1P6 extension. No warning from Apple, all was working so well. Arrghh. Bit miffed really.
1P6 was doing just fine. I would go back to Safari 12.x but could not find a way to do so. (two adblockers also had to bite the dust, obviously not an Agilebits problem)

I know how to buy a licence from within 1P7 on a Mac. Does the price of a 1P7 Mac licence include usage of the accompanying 1P7 for iOS? Nothing visible in the App Store's description to confirm that. If not, how can I buy a perpetual licence for my three iOS devices. And how does 1P7 iOS know that I bought a Mac licence?

Thanks for any clarification
Michael

1Password Version: 6 and 7?
Extension Version: last one before 7
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @MHMertens

I'm sorry for any confusion caused. We're no longer advertising licenses as they are no longer the recommended way to use 1Password, but I'd be happy to try to clarify the situation for you.

Does the price of a 1P7 Mac licence include usage of the accompanying 1P7 for iOS?

Yes.

And how does 1P7 iOS know that I bought a Mac licence?

It looks at the standalone vault that you sync over to it from 1Password for Mac. :)

Does that help? Please let me know.

Ben

P.S. 1Password membership is the recommended way forward. Sync is automatic and included, and all of the latest versions of the 1Password apps are also included - no more paid upgrades.

• MHMertensMHMertens
    edited December 2019

Ben,

thank you for your answer.

A tiny bit more buying trouble ahead I'm afraid. The purchase went through eventually (I'm using 1P Store from within the 1P7 app), but apparently I'm now licensed to my payment email address [email protected], not my normal main email [email protected]. This will lead to organisational problems further down the road, can we fix that? Am I maybe just mislead by Fastspring using [email protected] for the invoice?

Regards
    Michael

P.S.: Sync is automatic and has been for some time, in v6.x and probably even before that, clearly no subscription required.

• Ben
    Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately I'm now registered to a special payments at domain email address, not my normal name at domain address. Can we change that? It will otherwise lead to organisational problems later on.

Regards
    Michael

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@MHMertens

Unfortunately I'm now registered to a special payments at domain email address, not my normal name at domain address. Can we change that? It will otherwise lead to organisational problems later on.

I'm not sure which registration you're referring to but if we can change it that is something we'd have to address via private email. We're not able to look up or make changes to people's licenses based on requests through this public forum. Please reach out to us with the details at [email protected]. Thanks!

Ben

• Ben,
    I certainly understand that you can't do such things via public forum and will get back to you on [email protected] I was referring to the new entry in my vault that is my registration/licence.

Thanks
    Michael

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Sounds like a plan. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.