Add account button deactivated - not able to add account to 1Password7 on Mac

Options
tschaef98776
tschaef98776
Community Member

Version 7.4.1 (70401001)

I am trying to access a 1Password account on a second computer.

Following the instructions for Mac at https://support.1password.com/add-account/, I cannot add a new account since the 'Add New Account' button is greyed out. There is no other option that I can find to allow me to add an account

This is the first installation of this application on my machine, so there should be no cache that needs to be deleted.
The app seems quite nice and I look forward to resolving this issue. Many thanks.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: n/a
OS Version: OS X 10.13.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Add account greyed out

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @tschaef98776! Please fully quit 1Password for Mac -- make sure you cannot see the mini icon in your Mac's menubar, and also quit Safari if it is running. Re-open 1Password by double-clicking from within your Applications folder. What do you see? If it's the 1Password lock screen, that means there IS data within 1Password. If that's the case, then you'll want to use these instructions to start over on your Mac. You should be able to sign in directly from the new user screen after re-launching 1Password a second time following this. Let me know how that goes for you!

This discussion has been closed.