Version 6 and 7 menubar mini apps

zx9r
zx9r
Community Member

Due to issue during migration to Ver 7, I had to reinstall Ver 6 just to change my master password to match subscription pw which had different requirements. I've since deleted the Ver 6 application but whenever my Mac is restarted, I have both Ver 6 and Ver 7 mini apps running in the desktop menubar. I've searched for everything I can think of but can't find the Ver 6 mini app. Anyone know where it is or how to delete it?

1Password Version: 6 and 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.15
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @zx9r!

Can you please post a screenshot of the two Minis running at the same time?

• zx9r
    zx9r
    Community Member

I manually quit the ver 6 mini so I'll need to reboot to show it running simultaneously again. I'll post the screenshot when I do. Thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Sounds good :+1: :)

• zx9r
    zx9r
    Community Member

Hi. Finally got chance to reboot my Mac. Here are some screenshots of both running simultaneously:

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zx9r:

Thank you for the screenshots. It really looks like something might have been left over from your previous 1Password 6 installation. Can you confirm that you only see one single 1Password app inside your Mac's Applications folder?

• zx9r
    zx9r
    Community Member

Just checked again and definitely no 1PW6 in Applications or even in Trash which is fully empty. So must be a helper file of sort in Library somewhere...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@zx9r:

Let's take a closer look at why this is happening to you. I would like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• zx9r
    zx9r
    Community Member

Hi Ag_ana -- I just sent the report. Hope it provides a clue...

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

Thank you for the update @zx9r! I don't see an email from you in our systems yet. Did you receive a ticket number via email?

ref: JZN-47852-593

• zx9r
    zx9r
    Community Member

Hi ag_ana -- did get response thru email. will be trying some of the suggestions soon

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@zx9r - excellent! Let's keep the conversation going that way (via email) instead of in multiple channels simultaneously. Thanks! :)

This discussion has been closed.