Account Frozen- Purchased Standalone

My account indicates that it is frozen.
I purchased the standalone version.
We need to speak privately to provide the account details to verify my purchase.
Please contact me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• I have emailed billing support.
    Hopefully they can sort this out.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

Hi @gwilliams99

We need to speak privately to provide the account details to verify my purchase.

Indeed; we can definitely do that. Someone will be in touch soon.

For anyone else reading: a standalone license doesn't include an account. If you want a 1Password account, you need to subscribe to a 1Password membership. Licensing is a different thing, which does not grant the benefits of membership.

Ben

• DrakDrak
    edited December 2019

I have the same issue my account indicates that it is frozen after the trial and I wish to revert back to the standalone account that I purchased some time ago, please help me.

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member

@Drak

If you have a license for the version of 1Password you have installed then you can find instructions for accomplishing that here:

How to move your data to a standalone vault to use 1Password without an account

If you do not have a license for the version you have installed once you complete the process the app will be in read-only mode until you either purchase a license or add a subscription membership account.

Ben

• i can't get my head around the difference? i have a 6 month subscription via iOS app store. which type of purchase would you say that is? i also use a mac and windows version with same email acct...
    it is not a 1Password issue, been an avid user of keepass for many years, but in general pw mngrs are a pain, more the a relief, if one doesn't stick to a system AND always has it up to date and available. frustrating at times. and i am an it pro, an old one but still... ;-)

• BenBen AWS Team

Team Member
    edited December 2019

1Password membership is a subscription service, which includes access to all of the latest versions of all of the 1Password apps for all of your compatible devices. Conversely, a license is a one-time purchase which includes a specific version of one of the 1Password apps. A license doesn't include an account for 1Password.com. If you have a subscription then you have a membership. :) I'm sorry things haven't been as smooth as expected - I agree the whole license vs subscription thing is confusing. It would be great to be able to simplify. Hopefully what I've outlined above helps in the short term.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.