To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Was told my password was wrong several times ands I could not get it back, impossible.

Options
Bear90039
Bear90039
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Memberships

After using and upgrading each new version for over 10 years I was tricked into upgrading to subscription. I Was told my password was wrong several times and I could not get it back any of my saved info, impossible. I still have all of my correspondence with Agile. I knew I was being lied to but there was nothing I could do. my passwords were being held hostage. They could not be exported even though I spent hundreds of dollars on the software. I did what I suspected would fix everything. I paid the ransom. Everything that I was told I would never unlock because I had forgotten the password was instantly restored. I really hate being lied to. I know my PW was never incorrect. Long story short. I will never use Agilebits again and will post this review on every website it will be read. If you want me to change my mind, pay me back all the money you took dishonestly. That's 4 bucks a month for 4 years and my [removed] trouble

1Password Version: 3,4,5,6 7 -I've used more versions than the coders
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Mac OS 10.15.2 Catalina
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:downgrading

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @Bear90039

I understand that you are frustrated and upset — perhaps rightfully so based on your interpretation of what has transpired, but please keep in mind this is a family friendly forum. Profanity is not tolerated. Being able to post here is a privilege, not a right. To maintain that privilege, please be sure to read the forum rules and reminders again before posting further. I've removed the profanity from your post so that it complies with the rules.

Forum Rules & Reminders - Read before posting — 1Password Forum

With that out of the way: I am truly sorry that we've made you feel as though you've been lied to. I'd like to help. Generally 1Password subscriptions are non-refundable, but if you'd like to discuss an extenuating circumstance I'd encourage you to reach out to our billing team at support@1password.com. So that you don't have to repeat yourself, please include a link to this thread:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109890/was-told-my-password-was-wrong-several-times-ands-i-could-not-get-it-back-impossible#latest
    At the end of the day, we want happy customers, not ones who feel locked in. If you're not happy with the service that we provide we'll work with you to help you export your data so that you can use another service. In order to access your data (and to export it) you will need your Master Password. That isn't something that we know. It is known only by you, and we also cannot reset it. The Master Password is used to encrypt all of your data. The only way to decrypt that data is with the correct Master Password.

We look forward to receiving your email and to helping you move forward, even if ultimately you'll be moving forward without 1Password. I do think there has been some misunderstanding here though, and hopefully we can clear that up so that you can continue on as a happy 1Password customer.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.