Imported data tags / Date modified

theremin
theremin
Community Member
edited December 2019 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have been using a desktop license for 1Password for Windows for years, but I recently just upgraded to a 1password.com subscription account. When I imported all of my data to the online vault, it all ended up in the default "Personal" vault. (I'll echo what I've seen many other people saying in forums—I really don't like this "Personal" vault, please let us rename it or delete it.)

Anyway, because the data ended up in the wrong vault, I used the Move option to move everything over to my actual preferred vault name. I'm not sure if the initial import caused this, or the move operation, but unfortunately 1Password applied an ugly "Imported 12/16/2019 9:12 a.m." tag to every single item in my vault at some point. It didn't ask if I wanted the items tagged. I deleted the tag from the Tags section, but then 1Password updated the "Modified Date" of every single vault item in a seemingly completely random order. Now when I sort by Modified Date, there's no way to see the items that I've actually worked on recently. It's a random mix of items from 3 years ago, to items from 3 months ago, to items from 6 years ago.

I don't really have a question. I've lost my actual sensible modified date forever, which sucks. I just want to offer some feedback that this is a bummer. It would be nice if you offered the option to either not automatically tag hundreds of items, or the option to not update the modified date when removing that tag.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 Enterprise Version 1803
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

Hi @theremin,

I am sorry to hear about your situation!

That imported tag that was applied to all of your items is intentional, when you import your data to 1Password account. It allows you to undo imports if it didn't go right, you'd select that tag, delete all items with it and try again without affecting the rest of your 1Password data.

I will discuss this behaviour with my team and I apologise for these troubles. We had no intention to make your life harder. :(

If there is anything else I can help you with, we are always here for you. Thank you!

++
    Greg

ref: dev/windows/opw#4426

This discussion has been closed.