To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Can't login to my.1Password.com with Safari

Options
jon123
jon123
Community Member

Safari Version 13.0.4 (14608.4.9.1.4) on Mac OS 10.14.6

I was able to login fine last week when I signed up.
I am logged in in my apps (Mac, iOS).

I visited the page today, it remembered me (secret key wasn't requested).. I tried logging in a few times and keep getting this error:
"Can’t sign in.
You are using an outdated version of the 1Password web app. Please refresh the page to update."

I cleared my cache.
I went in to dev tools and deleted all 1Password data, reloaded the page from Origin (avoids the cache completely). Now I get the normal "new device" login page. I tried again, same problem.

I went over to Chrome (where I had never logged in), and I was able to log in.

(On a side note, and this should probably be improved on: The reason I was visiting the web app was to add a family member - which apparently you can't do from the 1Password Mac app, nor does it provide any help to do so within the app - no links to the page, etc... )

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• SanjeevanS
    SanjeevanS
    Community Member
    Options

I am having the same issue. Also when I click on the login from 1password.com, it takes me to a page titled https:my.undefined with an error message. Not sure what is happening with the web functionality but the mobile and desktop (Mac) apps seem to be fine.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @jon123 and welcome to the forum, @SanjeevanS! Do either of you have Evernote's web clipping service extension installed?

• SanjeevanS
    SanjeevanS
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Lars, yes I have the Evernote web clipper installed on safari. Is this what you’re suspecting is causing the issue?

Thx
    Sanj

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

@SanjeevanS - yup. :) It's a little early to say for certain, but this looks to be a change that was made recently on Evernote's end. I'd recommend either using a different browser for now to access 1Password via the web app, or temporarily disabling Evernote Web Clipper. Let me know how that works for you.

ref: dev/b5/b5#7168

• jon123
    jon123
    Community Member
    Options

Yep, that's the issue. As soon as I disabled the Evernote Web Clipper extension and reloaded the page I noticed that the "Version" at the bottom of the page changed from "Undefined" to "727". Thanks!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jon123 - thanks for confirming. Looks like Evernote are tracking the issue over there as well, if you're interested. I don't think it's something we can address here, though we will continue to monitor the situation. Thanks for reporting.

This discussion has been closed.