Can’t login to new family account with iPad mini iOS 9.3.6

jfq1
jfq1
Community Member

I've been a 1Password customer from practically the beginning. I've recently “upgraded” to a family plan and it’s been very frustrating. My latest issue is getting my wife's iPad mini 1 with iOS 9.3.6 working. I can scan the QR setup code off her iPhone and it populates her email and secrecy key. However, when we enter her master password the app responds “check your email and secrecy key.” Please believe me the email, secrecy key and master password are entered correctly. Everything is working on her iPhone and computer, it’s only the older iPad we’re having issues with. Is there any solution? Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 9.3.6
Sync Type: family plan
Referrer: forum-search:iOS 9.3

Comments

• Hi @jfq1

I'm sorry for the trouble. iOS 9 has been discontinued and is no longer receiving any updates (including security updates). It isn't compatible with 1Password. We really can't in good faith recommend using it on a device that is connected to the internet. Keeping up to date with OS releases is incredibly important. We're not financial advisors, and we understand these devices come at a great cost, but the cost of not staying up to date and having a security breach as a result is likely to be much greater.

That said, if a newer device that is capable of running the latest operating system is totally out of the question, there may be a workaround. I can't promise that it'll do the trick, and I also can't promise that if it does work now that it'll continue to work in the future, but please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] including a link to this forum thread. We'll be able to suggest the workaround from there. When you email in you'll get an automated reply from BitBot that includes a support ID. So that we can process your request please post that support ID here.

Thank you.

Ben

• jfq1
    jfq1
    Community Member

Ben, thank you for your response. The supportID is [#LFE-24534-151]

• Thanks @jfq1. I've responded to your email. Let's continue the conversation there. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.