To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Error migrating from standalone to account

ldowens
ldowens
Community Member

We just signed up for the trial subscription version of 1pw after years of using the standalone (1pw versions 4 through 6). When copying data to the new subscription account, I get an error that says:
"There was a problem migrating your information. Some or all of your items may not have been migrated."
This is not very reassuring.... how can I verify that my data is correct? I have hundreds of items so looking through them one by one is not going to work for me.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:"There was a problem migrating your information. Some or all of your items may not have been migrated."

Comments

• Hi @ldowens

I'm sorry for the trouble. If you are using 1Password for Mac you can use the Help > Tools > Migrate Standalone Vaults to Account menu to re-run the migration. When everything is complete the Primary vault should be removed. Please let me know how that turns out.

Ben

• ldowens
    ldowens
    Community Member

I did as you suggested but I see the same error message. How can I compare my vaults so that I can see what might be missing? Again, I can't do so manually since there are several hundred entries in my vault,

• @ldowens

There isn't a way to compare the contents of vaults other than manually, but perhaps we can get a better idea of what the difficulty is by taking a look at the logs. Please try reproducing the issue, note the time at which you receive the error message, and then create a diagnostics report:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Mac)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/109910/error-migrating-from-standalone-to-account#latest
    • Your forum username: ldowens
    • The time at which you reproduced the problem and received the error message

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so I can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once I see the diagnostics I'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.