username field not used to login on Microsoft

Hi,
When I try to login to my Microsoft account (https://login.live.com/) 1Password does not use the username field. Instead it concatenate 2 email addresses that I put in other fields the I named "confirmed email".

To better understand, the 1Password item look like this:
microsoft-account-1password

When I login it will concatenate the gmail and yahoo email instead of using the one specified in the usual username field.
microsoft-account-1password

To be sure 1Password uses the right item I modified the confirmed email with an extra character. On next login attempt I could see the modified email in the login form.

I happens in Chrome and Firefox. I did not notice that behavior on other website so far.

Any idea why it's doing that ?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Fedora 30
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @MorgothSauron! My guess is that 1Password is taking the word "email" in "confirmed email #1/2" and thinking that's what you want filled into the field labeled as "email" on login.live.com. My suggestion would be to add anything you don't want filled as a note to the item rather than additional fields like you have now. Keep in mind that you can also include markdown in the Notes section of 1Password items. I actually had a similar discussion fairly recently, so my comment here may help you understand the situation a little better. Let me know if you have any questions!

• MorgothSauron
    MorgothSauron
    Community Member

Hi @kaitlyn,
    I did a quick test and found that it is not using the label for the field for gmail and yahoo entries. I changed the label to remove the "email" word from it but the login form was still filed with these 2 emails.

So I tried something else. I noticed that I was using email as the type for these 2 fields. I changed it to text and it fixed the issue. The item looks exactly the same, but the type for gmail and yahoo entries are set to text instead of email. Now the login form is correctly filed.

If someone encounter similar issue they should check the type for each entries.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@MorgothSauron – Thanks for sharing that with me! That's good to know that 1Password was filling based on the field type rather than the label "email." I'll definitely keep it in mind in case I notice anyone else run into something similar. :)

This discussion has been closed.