Autofill is not working in 1Password 7 the way that it did in 1Password 6 (on a Mac with Safari 13.1

Updated to Safari 13.1 - not realizing that it would affect 1Password. Downloaded the 1Password extension for 1Password 7... although iPassword 7 seems to have downloaded and includes all of our information. There does not seem to be a "autofill" feature on this version - although it keeps bringing up an orange box indicating that we have reused a password more than once and requesting that we update the password. Could this be part of the problem? We do not want to do this right now, we just want to use 1Password to log in to sites as previously (and will catch up on updating passwords in the future). Is this possible?

The attached images show the 1password autofill instructions for 1password 7 and a screenshot of 1password 6 confirming autofill options and a screenshot of the same place in 1Password 7 without these options being available.
plus a screenshot of the orange screen that seems to be coming up
BUT the autofill option is the most crucial thing here - I am a senior and am used to working in this way.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: 7
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:autofill is no longer working

Comments

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

Still confused as to whether we have a subscription or a purchased upgrade ... here are screen shots from the "about" for my 1Password 6 that I was using perfectly until today. Followed by a screenshot from the "about" section of 1Password 7 that I downloaded as an extension when prompted. I originally thought that this was just an extension but all of my information automatically loaded and seems to be there EXCEPT for the autofill feature.

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

I have the order number for the purchase of 1Password 6 on January 17, 2017 which is referred to as a "license".

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

I can still navigate to chosen websites and use a manual copy and paste method from 1Password 7 extension to sign in but this is cumbersome and confusing.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RudyL: A license is purchased for a specific version of 1Password. So 1Password 7 would not be included with 1Password 6, etc. A 1Password membership includes all of the apps and updates though, so I'd encourage you to check that out -- and I'm happy to help you make the transition: just shoot me an email at support@1password.com :)

Regarding filling login credentials in the browser, specific to Safari, you'll need to make sure that 1Password is enabled there in Preferences > Extensions. Let me know what you find, and we'll go from there.

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply Brent ... I have no problem purchasing a membership for 1Password or whatever it is you think I require in order to continue my use of it - I have been using it for many years. I do not understand however, why, when I downloaded the 1password 7 extension for Safari, all of my information easily transitioned over to the one password application. When I open 1password 7 everything is there ... I can copy and paste my passwords from there, the only thing that does not seem to work is the auto fill which does not seem to exist. I had downloaded the 1 Password 7 extension Earlier when I noticed that my 1 Password icon was no longer in my safari toolbar - it almost feels like this is how it all started to go wrong earlier this afternoon.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RudyL: Sorry for the confusion there. With the release of Safari 13, Apple has discontinued the old-style extensions that earlier versions of 1Password used. We built a new Safari App Extension into 1Password 7 last year since that will be required going forward. So 1Password 7 will work with Safari 13 and beyond. But without a membership or license for it, 1Password 7 will be in "read only" mode -- so, no editing or filling. But if you follow this guide from start to finish, it will take you through signing up for a membership, migrating your data to the account, and setting up the rest of your devices:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

And if you have any questions along the way, just let us know. We're here for you. :)

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

Thank you for your reply Brenty. I have a friend coming over to help me with this this afternoon - our one question is - IF all of my information already appears on the 1Password app on my Mac - do I have to go through the whole official migration process outlined in the links that you provided? OR do I just need to purchase the membership to validate the app?

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

Also - when I look at the pricing - it is inviting me to try free for 30 days - I am already a user for many years - is there other pricing that is specific for my situation?

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

Is the 1Password account that I am now being asked to create to sign in and purchase the monthly system the same as the user account that I created in order to ask questions on this forum? Or are they two very different things please? Trying to do this right now

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

Is the 1Password account that I am now being asked to create to sign in and purchase the monthly system the same as the user account that I created in order to ask questions on this forum? Or are they two very different things please? Trying to do this right now

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

It is asking me to create a master password - I already HAVE a master password - is this an issue???

• RudyL
    RudyL
    Community Member

I found another thread that seemed to be dealing with the same issues - followed the instructions and seem to be successfully signed on a subscribed member - have tested my 1password 7 and it is working - thank you.
    this is the thread that i followed:
    https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/97227/license-versus-membership

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@RudyL: I'm glad that the other discussion helped! It sounds like you might be all set for now, but in the same spirit I wanted to follow up to address some things you mentioned in case it helps you or anyone else in the future. :)

Thank you for your reply Brenty. I have a friend coming over to help me with this this afternoon - our one question is - IF all of my information already appears on the 1Password app on my Mac - do I have to go through the whole official migration process outlined in the links that you provided? OR do I just need to purchase the membership to validate the app?

In order to use the 1Password membership, you'll need to migrate your data to the account. Once you've done that, you can confirm by signing into 1Password.com in your web browser. Once all your data is there, then all you need to do is sign into your account on any device to access your data going forward. :)

Also - when I look at the pricing - it is inviting me to try free for 30 days - I am already a user for many years - is there other pricing that is specific for my situation?

If you were using the "standalone" 1Password app with a license you purchased previously for that specific version, the membership is new and separate from that. So you can choose the plan that makes sense for you, and "test drive" it during the trial.

A 1Password membership account is completely separate from this support forum. That way everyone can get help with 1Password without associating it with their data -- including folks who do not have memberships at all.

It is asking me to create a master password - I already HAVE a master password - is this an issue???

When signing up for a 1Password membership, you can choose the Master Password for the account -- either something you've already been using, or take the opportunity to start using an even stronger Master Password:

How to choose a good Master Password

And if you have questions about anything else, we're here for you. :)

• aggravatedKen
    aggravatedKen
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

allow me to jump in here... Why is it that we need to purchase ANOTHER license/membership whichever language you choose again? I purchased it already, and now I'm being forced to spend additional funds on something I purchased once before. You've only taken features away and pigeons holed me to "upgrade" to 7. 6 was working adequate and suited all of my needs. Is V6 worth anything, do we get a credit when upgrading...what happened to Trade in Value?

• ag_michaelc
    edited December 2019

Hey @aggravatedKen. Thanks for stopping by. As Brenty mentioned above, a license is purchased for a particular version of 1Password. Ongoing development and support has its costs, and so 1Password 7 is a paid upgrade (and included with the cost of a 1Password membership). I welcome you to reach out to support@1Password.com and our team would be happy to walk through the upgrade process and options with you. :smile: I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.