Exporting a vault with stand alone version

Options
Skydawg
Skydawg
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Mac

I have 1password version 6.8.9 running on a desktop iMac running macOS 10.13.6. I'm trying to export the main vault to use on my laptop. It currently had 1pw version 3.8.22 and running macOS 10.13.6 I tried just exporting and importing the vault but it didn't take. I loaded onto a thumb drive and it looks like the import just didn't go although there were no error messages. The newer data just isn't there. Any help?
Tim

1Password Version: 6.8.9 and 3.8.22
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
_OS Version:10.13.6
sync method: thumb drive

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skydawg - if your laptop is capable of running macOS 10.13 (“High Sierra”), you should be able to install either 1Password 6 or even 1Password 7 onto it, and that's what I'd suggest. There's too large a backwards-compatibility gap between 6.8.9 and 3.8.22 to make me comfortable suggesting you pursue this course of action. You can find either version 6 or version 7 on our downloads page.

• Skydawg
    Skydawg
    Community Member
    Options

Remember I am using the stand alone version. I thought version 7 is only for those with a subscription. If I download version 6 will it convert me to to subscription? Last time I did an update on my desktop it did that and it took much effort to get that undone.
    Thanks for you response. Hope you can answer these soon as I'm going on vacation and want to use my laptop while gone.

• Skydawg
    Skydawg
    Community Member
    Options

I think I got it done. Thanks for your help. I'll let you know if I have any problems with it.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Skydawg - standalone licenses are available for 1Password 7 for Mac. They retail for $64.99 but are currently on sale for $49.99, over 23% off the full price. How much longer that will be true, I don't know. It's also the case that Safari 13 cannot be used with 1Password 6 for Mac, so that's something to keep in mind as well. Glad to hear you were able to discover a solution that works for you. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.