No autofill with iPad mini

MaggieL
MaggieL
Community Member

I have been using 1Password for a few months, and gradually figuring out how it can make my online life easier. I realized autofill was an option last month, and it is working as expected on my iPhone. I haven't been able to get it to work at all on the iPad mini.

When the mini is presented with a sign-in screen, a little key logo shows up at the base of the screen. I have assumed that was from 1Password, but now I'm suspecting it is actually from the iCloud keychain. Anyway, only a key logo, and if I touch it, it disappears without filling anything in.

I did get a screenshot - not uploading here as expected, but will leave in case it's helpful

1Password Version: 7.4.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: ipad OS 13.3
Sync Type: iCloud, I think

Comments

• MaggieL
    MaggieL
    Community Member

Just want to add that I do have 1Password enabled for AutoFill both in the IOS Password settings and in the app itself.

• @MaggieL

It looks like you are using the split keyboard, that seems to be unavailable in my device. :(
    Would you try using the standard keyboard and tell me if it exhibits the same behavior? You would use the Key icon that you're seeing. It's from iOS/iPadOS. You tap it, and you should see a selector to choose 1Password or iCloud for filling.

Lastly, if you have recently updated to a newer version of the OS. Please try a restart.

Please let me know,

• MaggieL
    MaggieL
    Community Member

Well, I had to google to figure out how to un-split the keyboard (Settings to General to Keyboard), but Yes! It seems to be working now.

Apparently, the split keyboard is not an option for iPad Pro.

Thanks!

• @MaggieL,

Glad to hear it ultimately worked out. :) If there is anything else we can do, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.