Unable to Use 1Password X with Vivaldi and my.1password.ca Account

Hello,

My account is a 1password.ca account. I've been trying to use 1Password X in Vivaldi, but when I try to log into my.1password.ca (which is required to use 1Password X), it says my browser is not supported. However, the site doesn't say that if I go to my.1password.com instead.

I'm assuming this is a bug on one of the two sides. I'm on the latest version of Vivaldi, and from what I've read, Vivaldi should be supported, so I'm assuming this is an issue with the Canadian version of the site?

I did try clearing my cache of files and images, as I read in a separate discussion some were having issues with Chrome saying it wasn't supported and that at least temporarily resolved it, but that wasn't the case here.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jack

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Windows 10.0.17763
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

Hey @new_creation! Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I'm wondering if you happen to have Google Tag Manager installed in Vivaldi. We've seen a trend with previous reports, so I wanted to double check.

Another question – when you visit https://my.1password.com, are you able to select the dropdown that says 1Password.com and choose 1Password.ca instead? Let me know if that gives you any different results.

• new_creation
    new_creation
    Community Member

Hey @kaitlyn , I don't have Google Tag Manager installed, but I did try disabling all of my extensions and it worked. I went one by one, and it turns out the problem was Privacy Badger. It turned off cookies for app.1password.com (possibly because I went to my.1password.com first, so it thought I was being tracked). Anyway, I adjusted those, and it seems like everything works now. Thanks!

• Hey @new_creation, thanks for the update and for letting us know about that. I'm glad Kaitlyn was able to point you in the right direction, roughly speaking. That'll be helpful to look out for in future reports. :smile: Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.