Family Account Vault Sharing Not Working

Options
mayraberm
mayraberm
Community Member

My husband and I signed up for a family account subscription last year (moving from separate 1Password accounts). My husband is the administrator and we both had access to each other's personal vaults. This stopped working for no reason late last week. My husband can now see all vaults (both his, mine and a vault called "Shared"). But I can only see my vault and "Shared". His vault has disappeared from my 1Password app and browser plug-in. When my husband (using the 1Password website) clicks on his name from the "People" page, he can see three vaults (his personal, my personal and a vault called "shared"). When he click on my name, he can only see two vaults (my personal and "shared"). When he goes to the "Vaults" page, he can also only see two vaults (mine and "Shared" but not his). When he click on the Vault Details for his personal vault (accessing it from his name on the "People" page), the top box says "Only you can view and edit items in this vault". But the bottom of the page says "This vault doesn’t have any permissions to edit". We cannot find a way to restore sharing of his personal vault with me. Like I said, this was all working up until late last week and we did not do anything other than authorize a new laptop that I just got for Christmas. Please help us get this fixed quickly. I think it is unfortunate that you don't provide telephone support that can help people resolve issues more easily. It is difficult explaining all of these complex details in a written message.

Mayra

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro Version 1903
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_carlos
    ag_carlos
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019
    Options

Hi @mayraberm !

I'm truly sorry for all the troubles you're facing right now with your account, but there's no need to worry. We'll solve them in no time. 🙂

As for the phone support, we don't actually offer it because we find we're better able to help a greater number of people in less time if we use either forums or direct email support, and doing it this way also allows both us and the user to have a record of what was said in case it needs to be referred to in the future (if problems recur or the like).

But let's focus on the solution here. It seems that we're going to have to take a deeper look at the 1Password setup on your device and your husband's. For this matter, please issue a diagnostics report from each one of the devices where you're presenting these issues and send these files to support@1password.com. Please manually add this code [#EME-56151-899] on the subject line of your replies.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/ (open this link on each equipment separately and follow the instructions you'll see there)

Don't post any part of your diagnostics reports on this thread please.

Looking forward to your reply so we can continue troubleshooting your case. 🙂

• mayraberm
    mayraberm
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks! I have just emailed the Diagnostic Reports and have copied my husband's email address in case he has to work the issue from his computer.

• ag_carlos
    ag_carlos
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Awesome! 🙌

We've already replied to your report email.

Have an awesome day!

This discussion has been closed.