I can't get eftps.gov to fill in PIN

Options

I found a few previous discussions about this website, and found a .pif template for it, but neither the template or my manually created entry will fill in the PIN.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: 1.17.0
OS Version: Win 7
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JeffF
    I have tested this website and it does seem like 1Password X is not able to autofill the pin code properly. The good old companion extension does manages to autofill all the fields on that page properly though. I had to install the companion extension from here: https://1password.com/browsers/
    Then save a new login after filling all the fields manually: https://support.1password.com/save-login-manually/
    Then using that extension I was able to autofill everything.

I have forwarded this information to our devs, hopefully 1Password X will be able to autofill that pin code field properly in a future update :)
    Thanks for reporting this.

• JeffF
    JeffF
    Community Member
    Options

Iā€™m a bit confused. What is 1PasswordX? I have the application on my PC, and also the extension for Firefox. Is there something else in addition to this?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hey @JeffF ,
    We currently offer two different extension:

• 1Password X, which is a standalone 1Password app that works as an extension.
    • The 1Password companion extension, which connects to the 1Password desktop app and allows it to autofill in your browser.

These two extensions are quite different in how they behave but both should autofill the vast majority of websites. On some particular websites such as this one, there might be some differences between the two but usually it is 1Password X who autofills better, which makes this case a bit odd :)

You have 1Password X installed, according to the information you provided in your initial message. I have tested this website using 1Password X and saw what you experienced, then forwarded the information to our devs. Then I tested this same website using the companion extension I mentioned, saved a new login using that extension and then autofilled - everything was autofilled properly there.

I hope that was clearer :)

• JeffF
    JeffF
    Community Member
    Options

Can I (or should I) run both?

• Hey @JeffF! šŸ‘‹ In general, no, we don't recommend you run both side by side. If you're finding 1Password X works well for you under most situations, then I'd stick with that one. But if you prefer the companion app extension (or really depend on AutoFill for EFTPS), then you can certainly choose to use that one. But I'd test 'em out, pick one, and stick with it. šŸ™‚

This discussion has been closed.