Complete Neewb trying to get Icloud Keychain onto andriod

Options
BlindLuck
BlindLuck
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Mac

Hi everyone, I'm sorry I know this has been covered before, but I'm just not understanding the large amount of detail available.
I have an Iphone 7 and have just got a P30. After exhausting every button on 1Password I did some searching on how to export/import Keychain to my new android...
After finding some posts here, I downloaded some files from the very generous Mr C.
I'm trying to do as instructed in MR C's converter files but when I try and copy either the 160 or a even a single item from icloud keychain to a new keychain (called NEW keychain) i get "One or more parameters passed to a function were not valid.' error.
Or "The contents of this item cannot be retrieved."

Also, when trying to run the script to prevent constant password entries i get error : 'error "System Events got an error: Script Editor is not allowed assistive access." number -1719 from window 1 of process "SecurityAgent" to any'

I've given my new keychain the same password as my OS and so I'm confused. I don't suppose there is an "idiots guide"?
To be honest I was hoping to download some software, click a few buttons, wait a bit and boom; done. I'm feeling very dismayed.

Could anyone help please? IS there an app, button or magic wand that can be waved to make my 512 (aarrghh 512!) Icloud Keychain entries jump onto my new P30?

I'm running a mac Catalina and am able to connect both phones via USB, Wifi etc.

Thanks
P

1Password Version: 7.41
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Catalina
Sync Type: Icloud Keychain

Comments

This discussion has been closed.