1password extension for Edge won't install

Because the extension in Edge wasn't working at all, I deleted it and then tried to reinstall it from the Windows 10 Store. The installation hangs up about 2/3 of the way through and won't complete. I have rebooted the computer but it doesn't change anything.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: whatever is in the store
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: how do i tell?
Referrer: forum-search:1password extension for Edge won't install

Comments

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

A couple of days later and I can see the notification that the extension is 90% installed. It's been that way since Friday. Can anyone offer any suggestions? Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevewoo,

It sounds like something is not working correctly in Microsoft Store on your computer. Please try to reset Microsoft Store cache:

• Press the Windows Logo Key + R to open the Run dialog box, type wsreset.exe, and then select OK.

Reboot your PC after that and check if the issue remains. Thanks! :+1:

++
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

Greg - The problem remains. I've tried this a couple of times. Each time the install starts from scratch, but then hangs up in about the same place. I can see in the notification window that installation is at 90%, but that's all.

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

I do get a "details" button after a while that tells me something bad happens with the option to report it, as I have done. Here is the code Code: 0x80073D05.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevewoo,

Is 1Password extension the only app that you are having troubles with in the Microsoft Store?

I checked Microsoft Support forums and it seems that folks have the same issues downloading another app from the Store. If you search for this error code on Google or any other search engine, you will find a lot of the results.

It is possible that something is going awry on your computer, so please check if you have any pending Windows updates and make sure that other system files and processes are okay. This issue looks like the issue with Microsoft Store, not 1Password, so I am afraid it lies outside of our scope. Hopefully, you will be able to resolve it and download 1Password extension.

Please keep us posted. Thank you!

++
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Yeah - I have seen all those messages about the same error posted. Turning off the firewall and the antivirus didn't change anything. No pending updates, so I guess I'll do a system refresh as soon as I have the appetite for it and see if that brings any joy. Thank you.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@stevewoo: I am sorry to hear that!

You can always install 1Password extension for any other supported browser on Windows. Hopefully, it will be installed without any hiccups. :)

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. Thanks and Happy Holidays (again)!

Cheers,
    Greg

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

Yep. Already using on Firefox. I suppose I could reinstall Chrome. sigh. not much difference now anyway. Thanks.

• stevewoo
    stevewoo
    Community Member

A system refresh did the trick. Now for hours of entertaining re-installation of many bits of software!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @stevewoo,

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that it worked. If you ever bump into any issues with 1Password, you know where to find us. ;)

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.