Can you hide a shared password?

phssthpok
phssthpok
Community Member

I apologize if this is a duplicate request but the support forum search has been broken for a while.

I'm trying to find out if 1Password can allow me to share a login but keep the actual password hidden? (I found a very old article in Teams via Google search that seems to indicate no but some other password managers like LastPass have.)

While recognizing masking the password isn't fully secure, in the family product it would be extremely useful. For example, there's a login that grants access to multiple resources at a library. They are different sites but require the same id and password. I may want my child to be able to look up books and reserve a computer under my account but not 3D print (and automatically bill for consumables.

Similarly, many services use federated logins to offer access to services. It may be totally inappropriate/ill-advised to share the base id but granting access to the login for say a video service would be acceptable.

Thanks for your help.

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @phssthpok! Welcome to the forum!

This is possible in our Business accounts, but not in the Families version I am afraid.

This discussion has been closed.