Primary Vault

Options
maryglynn
maryglynn
Community Member

I have 1password from way back and I must have multiple accounts or versions of accounts or something but since they changed things a few years ago I've been baffled by it all. I have a new laptop. I signed in. I have the same email to log in, as well as master password, and secret password and everything I think of is set up the same. I even scanned the little QR code created on both my phone and imac but I do not have the primary vault on the new laptop and the passwords showing are old. There is no sync option or button. Set up other devices doesn't work on the iMac. This app was so simple and now I simply don't get it. Is it just me? I just need one vault or whatever and I want info to be the same info on iMac, iPhone and laptop. Any idea how to do just that? Searching here gives me an error and I've emailed support in the past and I don't understand what they are talking aboit ... membership, subscription, stand alone ... I have a subscription, both computers say I'm subscribed .... why can't the apps look the same? Why no primary vault? How do I add it? Why no sync option? .... wish I could just go back to the way it was

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.15.2
Sync Type: it says ALSO SYNC with iCloud, so I don't know

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @maryglynn! Welcome to the forum!

I just need one vault or whatever and I want info to be the same info on iMac, iPhone and laptop. Any idea how to do just that?

If you have a 1Password Membership, all you need to do is add your 1Password account information on all your devices, and sync will be automatic from that point on ;)

if you are using a 1Password.com account, you will not see the Sync button because sync happens in the background for you, so there is nothing for you to configure.

This discussion has been closed.