I want to downgrade from 7 to 6

Options
tphinney
tphinney
Community Member

I am hating 7. I have 7.4.1 Mac, and the current plug-in for Chrome.

The auto-fill button is much smaller now. I loved the huge button from 6. This is much less convenient.

Autofill often fails in my web browser (Chrome Mac current version). Often it fails and then if I repeat it, it works. I don’t want to do everything twice. Autofill was reliable in 6.

In the migration I seem to have broken my shared vault and can no longer access it from inside my Windows virtual machine. I imagine this is fixable, but given the other problems, I don’t want to fix it. I just want to go back to version 6.

Please advise me on how to best go about that.

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: was DropBox, now account

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @tphinney!

If you open your Applications folder, do you see a 1Password 6 zip file in there? If you do, you can unzip the previous version of the app from there. Otherwise you can download 1Password 6 from here.

• tphinney
    tphinney
    Community Member
    Options

Fabulous, thank you!

Are there any issues about how I do this? Just zip up the new app and start using the old?

What about my vault? I previously used a vault shared through DropBox. Now I am using the account sync. How can I migrate my vault back? I am sure I have changed a few passwords and added a few new ones, since I made that change. (The old vault is still there, but I assume there is no reasonable way to figure out which items are new/changed in the new vault. Not as if I can sort items by how recently they were changed, right?)

If going back is unreasonable for that reason, any idea why autofill is so unreliable with Chrome on Mac?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@tphinney:

Are there any issues about how I do this? Just zip up the new app and start using the old?

Yes, or you could move the 1Password 7 app to the trash if you know that you are not going to use it anymore.

1Password 6 should pick up from where it last left off: if it was configure with Dropbox, for example, it should still have all the configuration intact, and it should sync the new changes automatically.

any idea why autofill is so unreliable with Chrome on Mac?

There is currently an issue with the Chrome browser that our developers are investigating. Without knowing more details about what is happening on your device, it's difficult to say, but it might be related to this known issue that we hope to have fixed as soon as possible.

This discussion has been closed.