Please help! "Check Your Email and Secret Key"

CKELLEY14
CKELLEY14
Community Member

Please, someone help me. I have been trying to log into my 1password account on my iPad and my iPhone for over an hour. I have tried everything. I tried regenerating a Secret Key -- did not work. I have confirmed 100% that all my info is correct. Yes, the Sign-in address is correct. I have also tried using the QR code on the emergency paper and did not work. Someone please help me correct this problem as it is EXTREMELY annoying!

1Password Version: 6.9.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.3.1
Sync Type: 1Password

Comments

• Hi @CKELLEY14,

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble. I'd like to have you try an alternate sign-in address. Please email us from the email address on your account. You can reach us at support+forum@1password.com. When you email in you'll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that ID here so I can send you the appropriate information.

Thank you.

Ben

• amechtley
    amechtley
    Community Member

Hi @Ben . I'm also having this precise problem (seemingly incorrect sign-in address for a new family account). I submitted a support ticked [#RTZ-58423-772] but have been unable to use the iOS app all day. Any help would be appreciated.

• I've replied via email. Thanks. :)

Ben

ref: RTZ-58423-772

• amechtley
    amechtley
    Community Member

Thanks! This solved my problem. However a family member created a new account and she is having the sample problem on one of her iOS devices. She has submitted ticket [#DHM-57511-357]

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad to hear you were able to sign into your account! We'll reply there via email. :)

ref: DHM-57511-357

• cantonese
    cantonese
    Community Member

I, too, cannot login to my 1Password account from my iPad. I want to substitute my Private vault in place of my Primary vault. I have emailed the address handed above to the OP.

• Thanks @cantonese. I've replied via email.

Ben

• austinarose
    austinarose
    Community Member

I'm having this same issue after I got a new iPhone. I can login to all my other devices just fine, but can't through this new iphone.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@austinarose: Please enter all of your current account credentials yourself. If you're autofilling them some how, they may reflect outdated information. And if you need help, be sure to let us know the specifics. Without any details of the versions you're using and the exact steps you're taking and their results, we'll just be making educated guesses.

• austinarose
    austinarose
    Community Member

@brenty Same as above. I'm on an iPhone XS (new today). iOS 12.1. When I open the 1password app, I select 1Password.com because I have an account. Then I either scan the setup code and enter the master password or enter everything manually. I've tried both multiple times today. Then it says "Check Your Email and Security Key" and won't let me login. I can successfully log into the website and the app on my computer. I bought a new computer today as well and install 1Password on Windows, used the same credentials and it worked there. So, something is up with the app on my phone. Is that enough info? Can you help please?

• austinarose
    austinarose
    Community Member

I have also gone through the steps outlined in your documentation of uninstalling the app, restarting the phone, re-installing the app from the App Store...still no luck

• @austinarose

Are you using https://my.1password.com as the sign-in address?

Ben

• austinarose
    austinarose
    Community Member

no, I wasn't. The bar code I had was giving me a custom one I had created a while ago. Use my.1password.com solved it. Thanks.

• Thanks for the update. :+1:

Ben

• jayb3369
    jayb3369
    Community Member

I am having the exact same problem. It started when my subscription lapsed and I tried to go in and update my billing information,
    Support ID is #LNH-15513-799.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jayb3369!

Thank you! We have received your email and we will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience!

ref: LNH-15513-799

• chrisford
    chrisford
    Community Member

I am having this exact problem as well installing the app on an iPad. Have tried scanning the QR card off my phone and also typing everything from scratch.

This is clearly a common but readily solved problem. It would be good if you could post the solution here as this is the top result when you search for the error.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @chrisford! Welcome to the forum!

Are you using https://my.1password.com as your sign-in address as suggested above?

• Beer66
    Beer66
    Community Member

Hi team, I have the same issue and logged case [#KEL-26473-421] for this issue.
    I have tried the following:

• Entered all details using QR code from working iphone
    • Removed all details & entered all details manually
    • Ensured I'm using https://my.1password.com as sign-in address
    • Removed and reinstalled the 1Password app
    • Note ipad is older, so most up to date version is 1Password version 6
    • Also note, the family account works fine on 3 iphones, 1 other ipad and on pc & mac
      Thanks!
  • ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Thank you @Beer66! I managed to locate your message in our system, so we will get back to you via email as soon as possible ;)

And welcome to the forum!

ref: KEL-26473-421

• Ethan Maass
    Ethan Maass
    Community Member

I am having this same “Check your email and secret key” error on an older iPad. I followed the above advice to delete the app. Of course now the App Store will not let me reinstall the 1Password app due to my older iOS (9.3.5). Is there a way to get my hands on an older version of 1Password? This is just one of a dozen different devices on which I run 1Password.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Ethan Maass: Running an outdated OS/browser is not supported by Apple, and not something we can support or recommend either -- especially in the context of something we're using to be more secure online.

That said, you should be able to install apps from your App Store purchase history: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201272#apps

It may be that will not work now or in the future though since the App Store has changed in recent years. You'd need to contact Apple for help with their store. The

But ultimately I'd suggest using the other 11 devices instead, and perhaps using the outdated one for a non-sensitive use case -- offline.

• berengerzyla
    berengerzyla
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

Hi!
    I have the same issue today, after adding my mother on my family account. I have the same issue as described in many of the previous messages, as she has an iPhone 5C stuck in iOS 10.x, so 1Password 6 (I guess?). The iOS app is there, but the login says “check your email or secret key”, either typing or scanning the QR code. No issue on macOS with same account.
    Is there a specific sign-in address I can try? Thank you!
    [#TES-14428-526]

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

I see that my colleague Carlos has already managed to help you via email :+1:

ref: TES-14428-526

• sean100xx
    sean100xx
    Community Member

Hello, same problem here (#GFR-47794-578) with an iPad running 9.3.5. Everything is working fine on my iPhone, but I get the check email message when I've tried to log into the app for the first time on my iPad.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@sean100xx:

We will be happy to help you with this. I have managed to locate your email in our system. So we don't duplicate the answers, someone will get back to you over there as soon as possible.

ref: GFR-47794-578

This discussion has been closed.