Questions about standalone license

Hi, I have been using 1password since the original versions I had previously bought the app on iPhone App Store, Mac App Store, and even a license for windows. I am looking to purchase the standalone license for Mac and I am wondering if it would sync with my iPhone app through some sort of cloud sync, I had always used iCloud/dropbox. I am not really interested in getting the subscription model. Thank you!

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @Rhuang91! Welcome to the forum!

1Password 7 still supports iCloud and Dropbox sync, so if you want to continue using them, you can certainly do it :)

• I'm having the same problem. I upgraded to 1Password7 because there was a problem with the previous version. The cursor disappeared when using 1Password. All my passwords are still there, but it's in a read-only mode. When using the browser plugin it opens a nag screen to buy a license instead of filling in the username and password.
    Can you tell me how to continue using 1Password as before? This is not an optimal user experience, to put it mildly.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@guuss:

1Password 7 is a paid upgrade, so please make sure that you have a license or an active subscription, otherwise you will need to use the older version that you have purchased.

• Basically, it means I have to pay again after paying €50,- for the Mac version and €9,95 for the iOS version. The older versions are no longer supported, no security updates etc.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@guuss:

If you want to use the new 1Password 7 app, that's correct. Otherwise you can continue using the old 1Password 6 app for as long as you like, since that's the version you purchased. If this is the case, you can download 1Password 6 from here.

If you want to keep receiving all the new features and bug fixes instead (which we recommend since 1Password is security software), you will have to keep your app up-to-date, either with a new license or with an active subscription.

This discussion has been closed.