Restricting search to a given category (e.g., Logins)

Options
camner
camner
Community Member

I'd like to restrict my search to searching only a given category (e.g., Logins). I thought I could just click on Logins and then enter a search term in the search box, but that returns items from ALL categories.

I thought perhaps I could limit my search by typing login:searchterm or logins:searchterm, but neither seems to work. Is there a way to search only within a desired category (in the 1P app and/or 1PX)?

(My apologies for the double post, but I mistakenly originally posted this question in a thread in the Windows forum, which I obviously should not have...please feel free to delete my post at https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/539793#Comment_539793)

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: 1PX 1.17.0
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1P

Comments

• @camner

I removed the extra post. ;) I hate it when that happens. I have also strayed into the very same section. :blush:

Does the small selector (downward facing arrow) below the search box help? You could change it to categories. Its not exclusive as you're hoping for, but at least it will group the items into their respective categories.

• Note that if the vault you're searching in has a small number of entries, the items will not be grouped.
This discussion has been closed.