I have a paid single version, but no secret key. Do I have to upgrade from v.6?

1Psswd X keeps kicking my 1Psswd 6 off of my Chrome browser - Why? It was working fine. Do I have to upgrade? I HATE that I can't talk to a real person!!! Can't you just send me a nice, clean email telling me it's time to upgrade - and how - when it's the appropriate time?

I have no secret key, but I do have a license. This sucks - tho I've loved this app for years, the no real people is making me consider other products.

1Password Version: 6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: )S 10.15.2
Sync Type: don't know
Referrer: forum-search:I have a paid single version, but no secret key. Do I have to upgrade from v.6?

Comments

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

Hi @MarthaLegare! Welcome to the forum!

1Psswd X keeps kicking my 1Psswd 6 off of my Chrome browser

Can you please clarify what you mean by "kicking off"? Thank you!

• I have 1Psswd 6 (after many previous versions) which was working fine in my Chrome browser until this month. Somehow when I turn on my computer, it has been replaced by the 1Psswd X version, which I have not downloaded. I have a single paid license for an iMac, Macbook Air, and iPhone. Am I being forced to upgrade? If so how do I do that? Thanks. PS - Love 1Psswd, but I HATE that I can't talk to anyone.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@MarthaLegare:

If you don't want to use 1Password X, you can remove it from your browser, and then install the regular Chrome extension instead from here ;)

• I have done that twice already, but 1Psswd X keeps taking over my Chome browser and "kicking off" (for lack of a better term) the Password 6.
    I find it hard to evaluate the versions. Why might I want to upgrade (other than the problem I mention)? Is there a comparison chart with features and prices somewhere? Thanks.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@MarthaLegare:

Can you please share with us the exact steps you are following to remove 1Password X from your browser, so we can test them? I have just tried removing 1Password X from my browser, and it did not come back, so I would like to see if we can reproduce what you are seeing.

Why might I want to upgrade (other than the problem I mention)? Is there a comparison chart with features and prices somewhere? Thanks.

A 1Password Membership offers a lot of features that are not available in the standalone 1Password version. You can find some details about it here. But to summarize, everything is included with Memberships. All the devices you need are included for free, sync happens automatically, backups are taken care of straight away, everything you would expect is there. You get storage for secured documents, item history, watchtower, travel mode, ease of sharing with your family and more.

If you have any specific questions about it, please let us know and we will be happy to give you more details.

This discussion has been closed.