Export Vault or Contents to PDF

Are there any plans on being able to export a Vault or a specific vault page to PDF natively?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @pmfjoe! Welcome to the forum!

If you are using 1Password for Mac, when you print the contents of a vault, you can choose to print to PDF already ;)

• pmfjoe
    pmfjoe
    Community Member

That is great for you as a MAC user!

However, for everyone else there is apparently no way to print the contents of an entire vault without doing it item by item.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@pmfjoe:

What platform are you currently using 1Password on?

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019

@pmfjoe

In addition to Ana's question... I'd be interested to hear what your use case is. What would be the purpose of the printout?

We typically recommend against printing 1Password data. The type of information stored in 1Password tends to be fairly dynamic which means frequent printing is required in order to keep a paper copy up to date. In addition strings of text stored can be quite long (e.g. URLs, long passwords). It just isn't very efficient. Some folks seem to think that a paper copy is going to be a good backup solution, but can you imagine actually restoring your data from scratch that way? I don't know about you but I've got over 1000 items. My fingers would bleed before I got everything typed back in, not to mention the time that would be required to do that.

Please let us know. Knowing the situation may help us better direct you to a feasible solution.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.