Select account for Login on PC

Options
THeuer
THeuer
Community Member
edited December 2019 in Families

Hi, I just started with 1password family and created seperate accounts for my wife and me. We have shared vaults but different passwords. We also have a shared windows login.

Unfortunately I can only register one account in the windows app so I guess I'm not using the proper setup. How do you recommend to handle that?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
_Extension Version:
Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
_Sync Type:
Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @THeuer! Welcome to the forum!

Each user in a 1Password Families account has their own credentials, as you have correctly done, but you can only add one user from the same Families account to a 1Password app. The idea is that each user should use their own device. Is this by chance a shared Windows computer that you both use?

• THeuer
    THeuer
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, we share the same Windows PC. So do we have to use seperate logins / profiles on the PC?

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@THeuer:

Yes, that would allow you to configure 1Password the way you described.

• THeuer
    THeuer
    Community Member
    Options

Ok, thx. Then we have to say godbeye to one windows login.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@THeuer:

There might be another option, if you are using a 1Password Membership.

With a 1Password Membership, you can use 1Password X, which is our browser extension that runs entirely in the browser, without the need for the desktop app. Thanks to this, one of you could use the desktop app, and the other could use 1Password X in the browser, so you could still continue using one single Windows login if that is your preference.

This discussion has been closed.