Not suggesting passwords

hmarney
hmarney
Community Member

I reviewed the document you attached on another post on how to create passwords but that’s not solving the problem. I don’t understand how to generate a password. Is this correct for apps on an iOS for which I already have a UN & Password?
1) log into the app using my current UN & Password 2) find their Change Password option
3) under Old Password, enter your existing PW
4) Under New Password click the key to open 1Password
5) in 1Password click the Create New
6) enter the account User Name/Email 7) click Generate New Password then click Fill-In?

If so, that doesn’t work. Nothing fills in. I can’t get it to generate a new password???

I am very frustrated. I have found every step of using 1password to be so poorly documented that it’s unusable.

Comments

• hmarney
    hmarney
    Community Member

I reviewed the document you attached on another post on how to create passwords but that’s not solving the problem. I don’t understand how to generate a password. Is this correct for apps on an iOS for which I already have a UN & Password?
    1) log into the app using my current UN & Password 2) find their Change Password option
    3) under Old Password, enter your existing PW
    4) Under New Password click the key to open 1Password
    5) in 1Password click the Create New
    6) enter the account User Name/Email 7) click Generate New Password then click Fill-In?

If so, that doesn’t work. Nothing fills in. I can’t get it to generate a new password???

I am very frustrated. I have found every step of using 1password to be so poorly documented that it’s unusable.

• Hi @hmarney,

Yes, those steps look correct, and I can confirm the process is working for me. At which step are you having trouble? Also which app are you in that you're having trouble with? Have you tried others?

Please let me know.

Ben

• hmarney
    hmarney
    Community Member

I’ve tried it on multiple apps and can’t get it to fill in a password. The password is always blank. I tried it with 3 apps: my bank - Fulton Bank, EBay & my exercise app - GHU TV.

• hmarney
    hmarney
    Community Member

I checked. I am running the latest iOS. And I just downloaded the iPassword app and there are no updates available.

I’ve been looking they the link you sent. EXACTLY Where do you find Preferences??? I am in the app and can’t find it per the instructions.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited December 2019

@hmarney

I’ve been looking they the link you sent. EXACTLY Where do you find Preferences??? I am in the app and can’t find it per the instructions.

I'm not sure what link you're referring to. I didn't include any links in my post. There is no such thing as Preferences in 1Password for iOS, so whatever instructions you're looking at wouldn't be the correct ones for 1Password for iOS.

I’ve tried it on multiple apps and can’t get it to fill in a password. The password is always blank. I tried it with 3 apps: my bank - Fulton Bank, EBay & my exercise app - GHU TV.

I was able to confirm the difficulty. I don't use Fulton Bank or GHU TV, and as such don't have their apps, but I just tried these steps within the eBay app:

1. Sign in
    2. Tap My eBay > Settings > Signing In > Change Password
    3. eBay prompted me to enter my username, which I did
    4. eBay offers to either email or text me. I chose email.
    5. eBay sends me an email, which contains a link to a password reset page
    6. Tap into the Password field on the page in Safari
    7. Tap the key icon above the keyboard and select 1Password
    8. Tap Create Login
    9. Fill in your username, tap Generate New Password, and then tap Save & Fill

I would've expected the generated password to be filled into the password field, but it was not. Unfortunately that is a problem further upstream than us. The autofill feature on iOS handles the actual filling process, not 1Password. That said, I will certainly let our developers know about the issue, to see if there is anything we can do on our end to improve this.

Thanks for the report.

Ben

ref: dev/apple/issues#4505

This discussion has been closed.