Secret Question problem

jimtparr
jimtparr
Community Member

In editing an entry, 1pw insists that the password must be the first answer to the Secret Question. If I edit it otherwise, as it should be, then when I save, it changes the password to the first Secret Question answer and complains that it's a poor password, which of course it is.

1Password Version: 7.3.2
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: MacOS 10.15.2
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• jimtparr
    jimtparr
    Community Member

I guess it may not hurt to have the password as the answer to the secret question, but as it is, the answer and the confirm answer don't match.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jimtparr!

1pw insists that the password must be the first answer to the Secret Question.

Can you please elaborate a little bit on this? I am not sure I understand. Perhaps a screenshot would also help, so we can make sure we are looking at the same thing.

• jimtparr
    jimtparr
    Community Member
    edited December 2019

[screenshot removed by 1Password staff because it included personal information-- this is a public forum]

I hope that's the screenshot. You can see that my Secret Question answer is the password. I don't know how to explain it more clearly than I have. Maybe you could ask a question that would help?
    Thanks for looking at this.

• jimtparr
    jimtparr
    Community Member

It is the screenshot, but when I typed my text under it, I couldn't see if it was.

• jimtparr
    jimtparr
    Community Member

Hey, I fixed it! I noticed that there was a key symbol at the right of the Secret Answer. I clicked on it and found an alternative, a shadow of a person. Choosing that allowed me to enter the right Secret Answer, and the entry stayed accurate when I saved. Issue solved. Thanks for your responses.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear! Thank you for the update, and if you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.