The 1Password icon does not show up in my browser

Options
Chuck_Thompson
Chuck_Thompson
Community Member

I just signed up for a free 30 day trial Family membership. I am frustrated because it seems I am stuck. I can log into my account just fine but it seems my online account at 1Password.com, but when I log into the App on my computer the Master Password is not accepted for some reason. Also, I am trying to use 1Password X for my Safari browser but I am stuck. The Help Page advised me to click on the 1PW icon in the toolbar and then go to Settings>Passwords>Select "Allow 1PW to capture all my login information....but there is no 1PW icon in my toolbar.
I need help and would love to Live Chat with the Support Team or, even better, talk to someone live.

Please Help!
Chuck Thompson

1Password Version: 1Password 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: High Sierra 10.13.6
Sync Type: No clue
Referrer: forum-search:The 1Password icon does not show up in my browser

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Chuck_Thompson! Welcome to the forum!

but when I log into the App on my computer the Master Password is not accepted for some reason

Do you perhaps have an old vault in the 1Password app? Perhaps if you used 1Password before you created the Families Membership?

I am trying to use 1Password X for my Safari browser but I am stuck.

1Password X currently does not exist for Safari, it's available only on Chrome, Firefox, Brave and Opera. If you are using Safari, you will need to use the companion browser extension instead, which is installed automatically when you install the 1Password desktop app.

The Help Page advised me to click on the 1PW icon in the toolbar and then go to Settings>Passwords>Select "Allow 1PW to capture all my login information...

Can you please post the link to this help page? I don't remember ever seeing this setting in 1Password.

This discussion has been closed.