favorites order

campscam
campscam
Community Member
edited December 2019 in 1Password in the Browser

since switching to 7 from 6 I am not able to change the order the favorite sites are listed , seems alphabetical.
why are the browser dropdowns different, they were better in 6, where is autofill, opens site but then had to drill down in mini to find site to fill password

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: firefox an safari
OS Version: 10.14.6
Sync Type: 1password

Comments

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @campscam ,
    You can set 1Password to display the list in various ways. Please try this:
    1. Open the 1Password 7 desktop app.
    2. Click the "1Password" menu on the top left next to the Apple logo and select "Preferences".
    3. Click the "Mini" tab in the new preferences window that opens.
    4. Set "Open 1Password To: Suggestions".

That will instruct 1Password to only show logins that are relevant to the website you are currently visiting. Favorites will always show up first, if there are any that are relevant to the website you are on.

• campscam
    campscam
    Community Member

I had been very comfortable with 1passwod 6 using the mini app to open and fill my favorites on a daily basis, click on favorite it would open and fill, this clearly doesn't work unless I keep mini in the mode to show favorites first since using "suggestions" mode does not show the favorites.
    I'm referring to ability to place one website above the other in the favorites list/view, is it strictly alphabetical?

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @campscam

This was a feature that was removed in one of the recent version since it caused some bugs/crashes. You can find it in the description here: https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7#v70400014

Hopefully this feature will be back soon once our devs figure this out in a stable manner :)

• campscam
    campscam
    Community Member

Pay more, get less. Not so impressed so far with this “upgrade”
    why must I scroll down past my favorites, which are now alphabetical, before the rest of my logins appear!
    Password 6 offered favorites which you could arraign and logins which did not start with list of favorites, get favorites out of login view - each has a purpose !

• ag_yaron
    ag_yaron
    1Password Alumni

Hey @campscam ,
    The way 1Password displays things now is how most of our users asked it to be. We always serve and listen to our users.
    I completely understand your opinion and why you find it uncomfortable. I also encounter changes I hate in apps that I am very used to, but apps cannot remain the same for decades on end. Change will occur and if you don't like it - let us know. I will forward your feedback and if enough users complain as you did, the change will probably be reverted. I hope you can understand that :)

In the meantime, You can easily switch the mode in the mini window itself - you can switch between "All Items", "Favorites" and "Suggestions" whenever you need, without going into the app's preferences. The preferences only set the default view, but you can still switch between the views temporarily whenever you need it. I do believe it is much more comfortable.

If you prefer the default to be "Favorites" - that's great. Keep it so, and when you need a login for the website you are currently on, click the "Favorites" dropdown in mini and switch it to "Suggestions".

This discussion has been closed.