Is there a way to make the extension ask me to save/update password ?

Hi,

sometimes i enter websites without clicking save password, is there a way to toggle like a notification that's ask me to save password?
like the one with your desktop app

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Hey @Emad! Thanks for asking — I'm not positive I'm tracking the question, though. Can you elaborate a little more? Are you saying that sometimes when you sign in to a site, you mistakenly don't choose the Save in 1Password option in the inline menu, and would like to be able to turn on an option to be prompted by a save dialog after hitting the login button?

• Emad
    Emad
    Community Member

Exactly, because i enter a password and i don't know if its the correct one, so i want to save after i log in. 👍

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni
    edited January 2020

Thanks for the clarification, @Emad! There really isn't a difference between the behavior you see with the 1Password desktop apps with the companion extension and 1Password X. Both offer to save as soon as you click the sign in button. The difference is, with the companion extension, you have the ability to click elsewhere on the screen and the popup remains. Since 1Password X is built entirely in the browser, the exact same functionality just isn't possible. That said, we've received similar requests in the past, so it's something that remains on the forefront of our minds. If you're curious about why we haven't implemented a feature like this, Cecelia really nailed it in this previous comment. To quote her,

This feature is something we've looked into several times and have no plans to give up on it, but currently offering to save a Login item after successfully signing in requires a few things we're not willing to do. To name one in particular, this would require arbitrarily capturing and maintaining data you've entered into fields as well as all the details of the page in the background, assuming you might want to save a login, as you navigate websites. With that, as I mentioned here last year, currently the most efficient and least invasive way to ensure your Login items are secured by 1Password with all of the correct data is by offering to save a new item from within the fields being saved themselves. I know it's not the most convenient method, but I assure you the conversation is still being had and the feature is still being researched with your security first on our list.

I hope that clears things up a bit, but please do let me know if you have any other questions!

ref: dev/core/core#586

• Emad
    Emad
    Community Member
    edited January 2020

well, i highly recommend you think more about it. lastpass provides this feature with their extension without issues.
    i like how 1password UI looks. which is the main reason i'm using 1pass. but you should consider this feature.

becouse as i mentioned i always save wrong passwords. and sometimes i don't save anything. this process should be easier since 1password is for this!

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

I appreciate you sharing your feedback with us, @Emad! I passed it along to our developers so they can take it into consideration when building future versions of 1Password X.

This discussion has been closed.