Frequency Entering passwords

I hope I can explain this correctly, when I had Chrome keeping track of my passwords there was no delay or issue. Now with 1password every time I go to a site that I frequent it ask me to open the app and auto-fill. Is there any way that I can bypass this?

TIA

Dixie

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @dixiedregs!

Now with 1password every time I go to a site that I frequent it ask me to open the app and auto-fill. Is there any way that I can bypass this?

Can you please clarify what you would like to happen instead? How would you like 1Password to behave in this scenario?

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member

I guess I would like to point my mouse on to the login box and have the auto-fill right there. Does that make any sense?

TIA

Dixie

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dixiedregs:

Thank you for the clarification! Have you tried using our latest 1Password X extension already? Once it's unlocked, it will be able to automatically suggest your login items directly within the form fields, which seems to be quite exactly what you would like to happen ;)

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member

Well ok I have that installed already when I open to autofill it will do the job, but it closes again when I try to open another site and I just have to open it again with my password. So I guess I'm looking for to stay open and having to do control shift X every time.

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

@dixiedregs – With 1Password X installed, you should see an inline menu directly underneath username and password fields as long as you have a Login saved for the site you're visiting. It'll look something like this:

What you'll need to do is click inside the red box I've added in the above screenshot or press the down arrow key, then press enter to fill. There's a video on this page that should clear up the flow for you. I hope that helps, but let me know if you have any questions!

• dixiedregs
    dixiedregs
    Community Member

Thanks Kaitlyn guess I'm getting myself confused between password X and the windows app.

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@dixiedregs:

1Password X is a browser extension, and therefore lives inside your Chrome or Firefox browser. It's what allows you to fill your data on webpages.

The desktop app is something separate. It's installed on your computer but cannot fill your data on webpages without a browser extension.

I hope this helps!

This discussion has been closed.