Creating a second vault and sync via Dropbox

Options
mdrews1
mdrews1
Community Member

I have created a second vault, which I would like to synchronize. The first vault will be synchronized via iCloud, the second one should be synchronized via Dropbox. There is an account for the Dropbox, and I have installed the software on my Mac. Unfortunately in 1Password "Settings" => "Synchronization" only my primary vault is offered to me for synchronization. What do I have to do to synchronize my new vault with Dropbox?

Happy to get you support!!!

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS X 10.14.6
Sync Type: iCloud / Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @mdrews1! Welcome to the forum!

Do you mean that your second vault is not even showing under the 1Password Preferences > Sync menu? Or that it is listed there, and you just cannot select a sync method for it?

• mdrews1
    mdrews1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi ag_ana,
    the second vault will not be displayed under the 1Password Preferences > Sync menu.

• Ben
    Options

@mdrews1

Is it possible the vault in question is part of a 1Password membership? Do you see anything listed in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts?

Ben

• mdrews1
    mdrews1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Ben,

the structure under vaults is

Mike
    PRIVATE
    BUSINESS
    PRIMARY

in 1Password > Preferences > Accounts I can see only "Mike".
    PRIMARY will be sync with icloud.

Does this information help?

• Ben
    Options

Yes it does; thanks. The problem is you're trying to sync a 1Password membership vault via Dropbox, which isn't possible. Membership vaults are synced exclusively through your 1Password membership. To view those vaults ("Private" and "Business") on other devices you'd need to sign into your 1Password account on the devices. We'd also recommend migrating the data from the "Primary" vault to "Private" and then deleting the "Primary" vault.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

• mdrews1
    mdrews1
    Community Member
    Options

Hi, Ben,
    thank you for your help, everything worked out fine. Now I'm not syncing over Dropbox and iCloud as I wanted to but it works.

One last question:
    Is there a way to migrate the entries from the trash I want to keep them for security reasons

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdrews1:

Is there a way to migrate the entries from the trash I want to keep them for security reasons

Where would you like to migrate them?

• mdrews1
    mdrews1
    Community Member
    Options

Into the trash of my PRIVAT Vault

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@mdrews1:

Thank you for the confirmation. You would have to restore these items in their original position, move them to the new vault, and then move them to the trash there.

This discussion has been closed.