Face ID never offered

pierrefr
pierrefr
Community Member

Hi guys,

Whenever I want to open 1Password or when another app/site needs one of my password I do not get offered to use Face ID although it’s set up. I usually get this screen

I know there should be the Face ID icon under the master password box because I can see it sometimes but it’s really rare. However my iPad is set up to use Touch ID and I can always use my finger. I’m pretty sure I misconfigured something but I don’t know what. I know my master password but since that’s the only password I need to remember I made it quite complicated and it’s a pain to have to enter it almost every time I need to use a password.

Comments

• Hi @pierrefr

Could you please check the 1Password > Settings > Advanced > Security > Require Master Password setting and see what that is set to?

Ben

• pierrefr
    pierrefr
    Community Member

It says 2 weeks

• @pierrefr

As a troubleshooting step please try setting that to 'never' and see if that makes any difference. Please let me know how it turns out.

Ben

• RobR_61
    RobR_61
    Community Member

Me too!

I set to NEVER and Face ID appeared again after closing 1P and turning iPhone off/on. After that I repeated with 2 WEEKS, it was still ok. Now with either setting, FaceID has gone again; this time I’m just Locking out from within 1P.

Jasper

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

@RobR_61:

this time I’m just Locking out from within 1P.

Can you please clarify this part a little bit? Thank you!

This discussion has been closed.