Just upgraded to family membership, and confirmed new member, but she can't login on her PC

Rick21
Rick21
Community Member

I just upgraded from individual to family, invited my wife, and confirmed her. She formed a password and secret key on a 1st laptop. Now she's trying to login to the 1password app on a new laptop. She's entering her email address, secret key, and master password, but gets the error "A member from this 1Password Team/Family accoutn has already been added to 1Password...". What is she doing wrong?

1Password Version: 7.3.712
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Just upgraded to family membership, and confirmed new member, but she can't login on her PC

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

Hi @Rick21! Welcome to the forum!

If she is trying to login to a 1Password app where another user of the Families account is already logged in, this explains the error message. You cannot login to the same 1Password app with more than one user belonging to the same account.

Is the able to login to her account in a browser instead?

• Rick21
    Rick21
    Community Member

I discovered the problem. When I first installed 1Password, I used my password & secret key. Later after logging back into her computer, I then tried to use her 1Password password to start it up. I solved this by completely loggin gout of 1Password, and then logged in under her info. Works now, thanks

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni

That's great to hear! Thank you for the update :)

If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.