How to export my local iOS Vault to my Mac App?

Options
eric79
eric79
Community Member

Hello Team,

I was searching the web without any success.

I do have my data stored locally on my iPhone (iOS 13.3) using the iOS 1Password app (1 local vault). My personal vault is empty (so nothing stored on my 1Password account nor in iCloud nor on dropbox). Prior ** 1Password **version 7 and prior macOS Catalina I could sync my data via Wifi. I do not see any option within the macOS app right now.

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Eric

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS 10.15.2
Sync Type: Of interest

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @eric79! You'd need to make sure you enable local vaults in 1Password 7 for Mac by clicking 1Password > Preferences > Advanced and checking the box marked "Allow creation of vaults outside 1Password accounts." This will create a new, empty standalone Primary vault, and it will also require you to enter a new Master Password for the vault, which will become 1Password 7 for Mac's Master Password as well. I suggest you use the same Master Password you used on your iPhone.

Once you do that both the Sync and the Backup tab will become visible in 1Password Preferences. Stop here, switch to your iPhone and tap Settings > Advanced > Create Backup, just as a precaution. If you previously had WLAN set up on the phone, make sure you turn syncing OFF there as well before you continue with this. Click 1Password > Preferences > Sync and choose to set up the WLAN server as it sounds like you're used to doing. Re-establish WLAN sync on the iPhone, and the contents of your iPhone will be synced to the empty Primary vault on your Mac. Let me know how that goes for you. :)

• eric79
    eric79
    Community Member
    Options

Hello Lars,

that worked like charm. :) Thanks a lot. I totally missed the check mark in the advanced settings.

Have a great day
    Eric

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

On behalf of Lars, you are welcome! If you have any other questions, please feel free to reach out anytime.

Have a wonderful day :)

This discussion has been closed.