Corrupted attachments?

Seems all my attachments (.pdf and .jpg) on 1Pswd cannot be opened by Preview. See pop up notification attached. How can we fix?

1Password Version: 6.8.9
Extension Version: 4.7.5.90
OS Version: 10.13.6
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    edited December 2019

Hi @glingct!

I am not sure there will be much we can recommend when it comes to corrupted PDFs, since displaying PDFs is not a 1Password feature. For completeness, have you tried opening them with a different PDF reader?

• glingct
    glingct
    Community Member

Hi @ag_ana:

Been busy lately but let me dig a little deeper re: issue above. It seems all files I saved to 1Pswd 6 are not viewable by 1Pswd Quick View, Mac Preview, or Adobe Reader, all returning the 1Pswd message noted above. These files were saved as attachments to Secured Notes. Viewable in the past, but no longer. If it was just one or two files, I would think these were one-off issues, but all my pdf's and jpg's? Thanks for any insights you can share to help me retrieve the data.

• @glingct

We'll be happy to help in any way we can, but 1Password 6 development has been retired at this point. If there is indeed a bug there the only way to have it resolved would be to upgrade to 1Password 7. If you create a new attachment now are you able to open it using Preview?

Ben

• glingct
    glingct
    Community Member

I'm currently a subscriber and I'm able to view a pdf I just saved via 1Pswd 7. But the files converted from 1Pswd 6 are still not viewable, even when I copy or download to laptop and try to open directly via Preview.

• glingct
    glingct
    Community Member

Not sure exactly when, but this issue started sometime after Sept 2019.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020

@glingct

I was looking over your post trying to replicate the issue and I wanted to say thanks for adding even when I copy or download to laptop and try to open directly via Preview. . My initial reaction was maybe the document wasn't downloaded completely.

Are you able to view any attachments, not part of a Secure Note, during the time frame? One other thought is are you able to use the quick viewer to view the files. You would select the file and press the space bar to get a preview of the file and not actually use the preview app.

• glingct
    glingct
    Community Member

In the Documents category, I click a pdf that I uploaded via 1PW7 and it's viewable. Older pdf's are not viewable: I highlight the doc, click "Click to View", click Quick Look button, and Quick Look again in the drop down list, resulting in a dialog box describing the doc, size, modification time, and a link to "Open with Preview"...clicked and got "Could not be opened" msg.

• ag_tommy
    edited January 2020

@glingct

I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report. Please use the following link to create that report for your device.

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

The diagnostic report doesn't include any private information like your logins, Master Password, or Secret Key:
    About 1Password diagnostics reports https://support.1password.com/diagnostics-privacy/

Please add the following code (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending it:

[#CYV-25148-725]

• Please do not post your diagnostic report to the forum. This is for your privacy and security.
    • The report will be in zip format, please send the entire file to support@1Password.com

Once we receive the report we will be in a better position to assist you.

This support id is only for @glingct and should not be used by anyone else.

ref: CYV-25148-725

This discussion has been closed.