Why is my account frozen. Bought 1PW in July 2018. I save on my mac

I tried to move 1PW to my wife account on my MAC. She is an additional user. Going from two MACs to one. When I opened 1PW in her account, I went through the process, but the account is frozen. I save my data in a folder for syncing. I do not have a subscription.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Why is my account frozen. Bought 1PW in July 2018. I save on m,y mac

Comments

• Just noticed the my subscription account is frozen, but my stand-alone is okay. Apparently I tried to open my subscription account in my wife user account. I will try to see if I can open my private folder.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

Let us know if we can be of assistance! :)

• Okay. Here's what I did. I bought a new iMac and moved everything from my MacBook to the new computer. I added my wife as a user on the new iMac. I looged into my wife's account and when I opened 1PW it asked me to open an existing account, which I did. Apparently that account is the account I do not use. It is a subscription account. I cannot open the account I use on my MAC.

• ag_tommyag_tommy

Team Member

@lescovorro

A new Mac, that's great. :) I am glad you went with the additional user account. That was a great decision to keep your browsing favorites, photos, and files separately. However, in such a situation, it also doesn't allow sharing of data files between the OS accounts, you would need to use a sync service such as Dropbox or a 1Password membership. Dropbox syncing is an advanced setup that requires the user to troubleshoot it often. My recommendation for a set it and forget it situation is a 1Password membership. In this exact situation, you would login to her 1Password account and it almost magically syncs.

You also mentioned you had a previous account. Please remember that we do not handle account-related questions via the forums. To do so requires you to contact [email protected] That's for your privacy, safety, and security. I would suggest reaching out to us there, and we can better assist you. Because at some point, we may invariably be discussing account details.

• I use a WLAN server with the data being stored, synced and shared on an hard external drive. My working account is "Primary On my Mac." This is the account I cannot open in my wife's account. I was able to do it when she had her own MAC. I understand why my subscription account is frozen since I do not want to store my data offsite. I have a perpetual license for 1PW. Just need to figure out how to have both users on "Primary On my MAC.

• ag_anaag_ana

Team Member

@lescovorro:

I added my wife as a user on the new iMac. I looged into my wife's account and when I opened 1PW it asked me to open an existing account, which I did. Apparently that account is the account I do not use.

I think this is the problem. When you launched 1Password for the first time in your wife's 1Password app, you chose the 1Password.com option (the subscription one) even if it doesn't look like this was what you wanted.

You could start over in her 1Password app and, the next time you launch it, choose the correct data location, so you don't end up using the 1Password account again.

This discussion has been closed.