Chromium Edge, use X from Chrome or Edge store?

MatthewMWR
MatthewMWR
Community Member

It looks like the new ChromiEdge browser supports both the original Edge extensions API as well as Chrome extensions. Right now in CrEdge I can install X from either the Edge extension store or the Chrome store, and either appears to work. My question is which one you would recommend using at this stage? Should I favor the version in the Edge store since it is presumably validated for Edge specifically, or should I favor the one from Chrome store as it probably has a larger userbase and maybe gets more active development?

I am eager to get your thoughts. Thanks.

Comments

• kaitlyn
    kaitlyn
    1Password Alumni

That's a solid question, @MatthewMWR! There's a setting that you'd need to tweak in Chromium Edge to install extensions from the Chrome Web Store. If you install 1Password X from the Edge Store, on the other hand, you won't need to enable any additional settings. I'd probably go with the installation from the Edge Store myself, but I don't necessarily have an argument one way or another.

As a side note: you did post this thread in the 1Password X beta forum, so if you're interested in the beta version, you'll need to grab it from the Chrome Web Store.

This discussion has been closed.