1Password7 will with Safari not launch a website and fill in user/PW like it used to.

Options
amaier7771
amaier7771
Community Member

Mac OS 10.14.6 (18G2022). Safari Version 13.0.4 (14608.4.9.1.4)
1PASSWORD VERSION Version 13.0.4 (14608.4.9.1.4).
EXTENSIONS ENABLED

WHEN clicking on a web site in 1Password, it will not launch that website or fill the user ID/Password. I have to copy and paste them manually.

Unistalled, installed, cleared cookies. It will not launch fro the ICON in the menu bar, have to manually launch 1Pw-7 and then still does not work.

This worked quite well under older versions.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1Password7 will with Safari will not launch a website and fill in user/PW like it used to

Comments

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7. version 7.4.1. Forgot to include that.

• Ben
    Options

Hi @amaier7771

It looks like there may have been a copy & paste error when posting which version of 1Password you have installed. Could you please confirm which version of 1Password you see in the 1Password app under 1Password > About 1Password? Also, what version is shown in Safari under Safari > Preferences > Extensions > 1Password? Lastly, what browser is set as your default web browser in the System Preferences app under General?

Please let us know. Thanks!

Ben

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

in Safari extensions == 1Password 7.4.1

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

Default Web Browser is Safari

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amaier7771:

This worked quite well under older versions.

Do you remember when this started happening? For example, were things working in 1Password version 7.4?

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

It has not worked since I moved to 1Password 7.x.x from a previous version

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amaier7771:

I would like to ask you to generate a diagnostics report from your Mac and email it to us at support+forum@agilebits.com, so we can take a closer look at why this is not working for you.

After you have sent the email, please feel free to post the ticket number you received so we can locate your message and get back to you as soon as possible.

Looking forward to your message!

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

1Password 7
    Version 7.4.1 (70401002)
    1Password Store

• Ben
    Options

Hi @amaier7771

Did you see Ana's request above for a diagnostic report? Please let us know the support ID once you've sent the report and received that back. :)

Ben

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

I sent the diagnostic report, but I have no idea where to find the "support id"?? Help

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

1PasswordDiagnostics-Alans-MacBook-Pro-2020-01-07_11-40 4

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amaier7771 - thanks, but that's not the Support ID, that's just the file name of the diagnostics report itself. When you send an email to support@1password.com you'll receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant. That's what will contain the Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

I reran the report and re-sent the e-mail. However I do not see a "support ID Number response"?? No Email, not in messages, nothing in junk or trash?? Where should I expect to see that number???

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@amaier7771 - I'm sorry for the trouble. Did you receive an automated response from our BitBot assistant? Or any reply at all to your email? A BitBot automated response would have a subject line that uses whatever subject you chose for your email but puts the Support ID number in square brackets before it. So, if you chose to title your email "Question about 1Password", the BitBot reply would be titled Re: [#LCG-55814-323] Question about 1Password, and it would begin:

Hey there! 👋

Thanks for taking the time to contact us.

My human friends have received your message and are working as quickly as possible to get back to you. In the meantime, here are some articles with answers to...

...followed by a list of links the computer thinks might help you solve your issue on your own. It's a way of letting you know we received your email, and that if none of the links help, one of us will be with you shortly.

If you've received no reply of any kind to your email, can you let me know what address you sent to? Thanks.

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

[#EHZ-39636-575]

• Thanks for providing that Ticket ID @amaier7771 . I see that you are being helped by Garrett, please continue with that discussion so that we may better assist you.

ref: EHZ-39636-575

• amaier7771
    amaier7771
    Community Member
    Options

Report sent to "support@agilebits.com"

• @amaier7771

I deleted your post containing your email address for your privacy and safety. This is a public forum, and I would not recommend posting sensitive information like email addresses here.

This discussion has been closed.