Excessive battery usage Android

jimger
jimger
Community Member

Hi from time to time I notice Excessive battery usage on Android 10. (While in background). That didn't use to happen ever during the years I was using 1Password. Device is Oneplus 6 latest stable Oxygen OS. Many times Oxygen warns me about excessive battery of 1Password. Latest beta of 1Pass installed here

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 10
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

I am having the same issue.

Samsung S10+, stock everything. latest beta of 1pass

• Hi @jimger, are you using the beta version of the 1Password app?

@mcg88 our developers are currently tracking this problem in the beta, could you try turning Accessibility off in the 1Password app and let me know if that helps? You can find that setting by opening 1Password and tapping Settings > 1Password > Autofill > Accessibility, then find 1Password in the list and turn it off.

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@andiAG Accessibility was off on my end.

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@andiAG Yes latest beta. Accessibility mostly on

• @mcg88 and @jimger would you be able to send in a diagnostics report from your affected device? It'd be really helpful as we track this down.

To do this, follow the instructions linked below:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+android@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/110326/excessive-battery-usage-android#latest
    • Your forum username: @mcg88 or @jimger

That way I can "connect the dots" when I see your diagnostics in our inbox.

Let me know when you've emailed in and I'll keep an eye out for you. :)

Cheers!

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@andiAG

done

• jimger
    jimger
    Community Member

@andiAG Do u want it now or when it happens again?

• Thanks @mcg88. Did you have 1Password's accessibility service enabled after updating to the latest beta? Are you still noticing high battery usage from 1Password with the accessibility service disabled now?

• mcg88
    mcg88
    Community Member

@saad I did not have accessibility enabled while having the issues. I enabled it a day or two ago to test something and have since disabled it. I don't recall when the last update to 1password was but will update when I see the battery issue again (with accessibility off)

• That would be great, thanks! We're trying to reproduce this issue on our devices, but have been unsuccessful so far. We'll keep trying!

• @jimger now is fine, we're trying to build as complete a picture as we can of affected devices. Cheers :)

• judecooks
    judecooks
    Community Member

I've got the issue noted above too. Accessibility was turned on. Sending my logs over and testing with it off.

• Thanks! I've found your email and replied there. ref: QGC-11996-818

• Hey everyone. I just wanted to update everyone in this thread to let you know that we've just released build 7.4.BETA-7, which has a fix for this issue. It will be rolling out to all beta testers over the next week, so please keep an eye out.

This discussion has been closed.