1P browser ext doesn't save pw for important sites (eg Amazon) but works for minor ones (eg library)

Options
slbmom23
slbmom23
Community Member

Just got 1P a few days ago. I have the browser extension & watched videos for help. On some websites (like my library and hairdresser), 1P works as demonstrated in videos by asking to save my login info to 1P right after I sign in. But on several more frequently used sites where I am more interested in protecting my information (eg, my health insurance login, my Amazon login), the 1P prompt to save my login credentials does not pop up. I have ensured that I am logged into 1P and have logged out & then logged back into these sites. What gives?

1Password Version: 7.4.1
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: OS Catalina 10.15.2
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:1P is not asking to save my passwords on common sites like Amazon

Comments

• ag_ana
    ag_ana
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @slbmom23! Welcome to the forum!

Is this happening with every browser, or just with a specific one?

• slbmom23
    slbmom23
    Community Member
    Options

I only use safari. I haven't tried a new one.

• slbmom23
    slbmom23
    Community Member
    Options

Hello - following up here. 1P occasionally opens and asks to save my username & pw, but on most websites it is a no-show. I have the browser extension and 1P works exactly as it is supposed to (as seen in the tutorial videos) on a few websites. I'm on Safari. Both 1P & my Mac are updated. Do you have any suggestions?

• Ben
    Options

@slbmom23

I apologize that we haven't been able to address this situation for you yet. If you try the instructions here are you able to save the logins in question?

How to save a Login manually in your browser

I also wonder if perhaps the built-in password management is still enabled in your web browser? We recommend turning that off, as it will conflict, and in many cases prevent 1Password from prompting to save logins:

Turn off the built-in password manager in your browser

Please let me know.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.